For some individuals, the universe of Smartphone’s has two players, in the form of Samsung Galaxy and Apple iPhone. Samsung, for the most part, is the leader in the Android market around the globe and even beats Apple in numerous ways.
Talking about the phone, Samsung launched the Galaxy S10 a few months back with the S10+ and the S10e. But, we’d be talking about the S10 in general and the phone can be termed as the middle kid between the other two. We also talked about the Galaxy Tab A Plus 8.0 (2019) in the last post and this one is going to be focused on the S10.
In this jigsaw, the Galaxy S10 is the ideal fit for the majority; a completely advantageous alternative to the iPhone that has a lot going its way as per features and other things. Well, enough of beating around the bush; let’s get started with the review of the Samsung Galaxy S10. Shall we?
About the Samsung Galaxy S10
The Samsung Galaxy S10 has a 6.1-inch Dynamic AMOLED display, which comprises 88 percent of the phone’s front. Matched with the curved cover glass, it gives you a genuine edge-to-edge display.
The Samsung Galaxy S10 is an attractive Smartphone and there is no question about it. You get an aluminum frame that is placed between Gorilla Glass 6 at the front and Gorilla Glass 5 at the backside. Additionally, bezels don’t exist generally.
Much the same as with the Galaxy S10+, you get an ultrasonic in-display fingerprint scanner on the S10. Samsung as a company pre-applies a screen protector on the display which you may or probably won’t care for; however, you won’t need to go chasing for one that works with the unique fingerprint scanner.
The phone comprises of a hole punch structure for its single front camera. Truly, you do pass out on substance in the upper right corner of the screen, yet that is surely not diverting. You’ll surely get accustomed to the design rapidly. On the off chance that you don’t prefer this, you do have the alternative to cover the camera hole with a dark band over the top of the display.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Display Review
It sports a 6.1-inch Super AMOLED display, which looks fabulous. It has beautifully curved edges with pixels that overflow the sides, amped up the brightness for better and superior outdoor visibility, and HDR10+ support for amazing color and contrast.
Additionally, there’s a QHD+ resolution as well, which makes a pixel density of 550ppi, guaranteeing everything on the screen is profoundly detailed. Samsung has effectively evaded a notch cutout at the top portion of its phones, rather utilizing a laser-cut gap in the upper right corner of the screen to implant the front camera.
Specifications and Software Review
The S10 is inserted with the Samsung Exynos 9820 SoC with 8GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage for the base variation. Connectivity on the Galaxy S10 incorporates double 4G just as VoLTE, Bluetooth 5, Wi-Fi 6, NFC, and the USB Type-C port. It additionally gets four satellite systems for positioning.
On the other hand, Samsung has done an amazing job in terms of software. You get the most recent UI based on Android 9 Pie.
PS: The Galaxy S10 is fit for charging wirelessly also.
Battery Life and Camera Review
With a 3400 mAh battery, the S10 packs a punch that would help you out in numerous activities in the form of playing PUBG, Asphalt and other high-end games without much of a hassle and also switch between watching your favorite content on Youtube or perhaps recording a video.
The Galaxy S10 at the back comprises of a 12-megapixel telephoto camera, 16-megapixel ultra-wide camera, and a 12 MP wide-angle camera. Also, the phone provides you some of the best videos and pictures. Planning to get it?
There are icons for switching between the three cameras of the phone as well. Daylight shots just as macros are detailed and on point. Moreover, there is a scene optimizer that can recognize what the camera is pointed to and setting the phone up likewise.
- Ultrasonic in-display fingerprint sensor – The Galaxy S10 comprises of an ultra-quick in-display fingerprint sensor that opens the phone nearly when you press it. Also, Samsung’s sensor is ultrasonic, checking the 3D shapes of your finger for additional security. It delivers a smooth unlocking experience.
- Wireless Powershare – One of the smartest and coolest features is its capacity to charge wirelessly different devices and they don’t need to be a Galaxy S10. Any compatible device can be charged on the backside of an S10 by initiating Wireless PowerShare in your phone’s application. This will sure shot make you popular at parties when every other person is battling with chargers.
- Next Level Qualcomm processor – The S10 accompanies Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 processor, which is incredible news for speed enthusiasts. As far as benchmarking tests, the 855 is an absolute beast.
- Infinity O display of the Galaxy S10 – The Infinity O display and its hole punch patterns for its front-facing cameras aren’t something everybody would like. Indeed, even Samsung officials are talking about future telephone plans where there’s no hole punch by any means. Before you purchase, look at the design all by yourself.
- Too costly – Samsung pressed a huge amount of features into the Galaxy S10, yet to get every one of them; you’ll have to spend a lot of cash.
- Issue of Autofocus – It would have been fabulous If the ultra cam of the sleeky S10 had autofocus on it.
Conclusion – Samsung Galaxy S10 Review
The Galaxy S10 is a fabulous phone by Samsung and goes along quite well with its S Series. It brings about a change with a novel-looking Infinity-O screen, which is enormous and somehow dislodges the front camera, and a triple-lens back camera that takes ultra-wide photographs.
The in-screen unique fingerprint sensor tech should work well for you, while its Wireless PowerShare could work well for your companions. That is a ton of progress; simply know one thing that it comes at a pretty high cost.
In case you’re coming from the S9+, it’s less authoritative because last year’s Plus still has a better battery life and is just missing an ultra-wide cam.
At last, we feel like the Galaxy S10 is a brilliant Smartphone we could have anticipated it would have been. Packing and filled with tons of features that are unique in its way makes it a killer in the market. It is certainly a THUMBS UP!